Outlined below is our Covid-19 Safe Plan as required by the NSW Government to prevent the introduction of coronavirus at our clinic.
We are following and implementing all guidelines from the Department of Health and adhere to all public health advice in regards to having a safe and clean environment. Our cardiologists are providing initial and review consultations in rooms.
Please stay at home and get tested if you have respiratory symptoms or have been in contact with someone affected by COVID-19.
- Installed a physical barrier at reception to maintain patient distance from staff.
- Some waiting room chairs removed and remaining seats spaced apart to allow social distancing.
- One person per four square metres of enclosed workspace or in shared areas.
- Toys /Magazines removed from waiting rooms and consult rooms.
- Remove cups from shared water coolers in our waiting rooms.
- Staff are providing additional cleaning to all areas of the practice and using appropriate cleaning products.
- Wiping treatment beds with appropriate cleaning products between patients.
- Antiseptic wipes for wiping down equipment between patients.
- Ensure that any workers that can work from home are able to do so.
- Patient screening questions to confirm they are not exhibiting respiratory symptoms before appointments and via reminder text.
- Check the temperature of each person presenting to the clinic. If the temperature registers>37.5 ° C the person will be directed to attend a local Covid-19 testing facility.
- Entrance door signage asking that only essential visitors enter the practice and masks must be worn. Only patients with an appointment to enter.
- Staff and practitioners are required to report prior to attendance of the clinic if they are exhibiting respiratory symptoms and to not come to work when they are unwell.
- Records kept of all workers, subcontractors, customers and clients attending the work premises for 15 minutes or longer using Service NSW QR code.
Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Patients to wear mask at all times and unable to enter clinic if not wearing a mask. Patients will be supplied if they present without one.
- All staff must wear a surgical mask while at the practice.
- Hand sanitiser provided to our patients and team on arrival and available during their visit.
- Migrated from using linen to paper sheets which are changed after every patient on all treatment couches.
Government Guidelines and source of information
- Regular checks of the Department of Health website for updates.
- Ask that all practitioners forward association updates and ensure they adhere to the guidelines.
- Anyone who is unwell must leave practice immediately and go to be tested after which they must self isolate.
- If we receive notification that a person has visited our sites while infectious with Covid-19, we will – as required under law – inform the NSW Government’s Department of Health and Human Services, WorkSafe, and our team and ‘deep clean’ the practice.
- For further information about Covid-19, we recommend you visit: The NSW Department of Health‘s website.
- If you require non-urgent medical assistance concerning Covid-19, please phone your GP. If you require urgent medical attention concerning Covid-19 please visit hospital emergency department or phone 000.